Today is World Plant Milk Day
What’s the hardest thing about being vegan? Waking up at 5am to try and milk all the nuts. Oh, didn’t you hear? Cow’s milk is SO 2000 and late. Nut milks are SO what’s trending. And this is why, Moo is Moot!
Almonds, cashews, macadamias, and oats, it’s your time to shine! Today, you get free parking, front of the line privileges, and the royal treatment, because it’s World Plant Milk Day!
Founded in 2017, World Plant Milk Day is an international celebration which highlights the incredible health, environmental, and animal welfare benefits of switching from dairy to plant-based dairy alternatives.
Macadamia nut-based milk producer Milkadamia is celebrating the holiday with its special “14 Reasons Why Moo Is Moot” campaign. Leading up to this momentous day of nut respect, the company has posted a different reason why it believes dairy is totally OUT and plant-based milks are totally IN.
Americans are becoming hip to the trend, as the big bad dairy industry lost around $1 billion, yes for those in the cheap seats, that’s $1 BILLION in revenue in 2018! This has resulted in plant-based milk finally taking it’s seat in the spotlight with sales rising to about $1.7 billion. Yay woke nut-milk drinking America!
Among the reasons included in the 14 Reasons Why Moo Is Moot campaign are:
- Animal welfare—Factory farming and the production of milk is the largest cause of climate change (Hi MAGA’ers, climate change is real!).
- Taste—Plant-based milk tastes the same (if not better) than the ol’ cereal pairing we grew up with.
- Health benefits—Rich in vitamins, minerals, and zero hormones. Low in fat and zero icky cholesterol. Perfect for people with a slow digestive system!
- Zero FOMO—Plant-based milk comes in all the colors of the rainbow! Dairy comes in regular or chocolate. Again, SO 2000 and late!
- Performance—Everyone’s favorite plant-based professional athletes are achieving record-setting performances without dairy! Ever heard of a few powerhouses named Arnold Schwarzenegger, Venus Williams, Lewis Hamilton, or Colin Kaepernick?
- Gateway Diet—Switching to plant based milk is a great first step to adopting a completely plant-based diet, and living that woke life!
Milkadamia’s list of priorities start with bringing awareness to World Plant Milk Day and all the benefits of being down with dairy. With its line of macadamia-based milks, creamers, and soon-to-be-announced butter, the company is proud to bring consumers all of the great taste of dairy without the lame human and ecological ills brought about by the dairy industry and factory farming. Milkadamia is woke and so can you!
Photo credit: Milkadamia